Coughing brown blobs, salty phlegm. Dizziness, breathlessness, wheezing, fever. What to do?

I m 52 years old and not a smoker. About 5 months ago I began coughing up little dark brown blobs that were slightly firm and I started having a consistant cough that brought up very salty phlegm . About 2 and a half weeks ago I came down with what I thought was a bad chest cold . I can t seem to shake it and I m really coughing up a lot of phlegm that is very, very salty. The phlegm is now clear but very salty. I ve been to the doctor and he gave me doxicillun, QVAR, Albuterol and caugh syrup. This was about 7 days ago and nothing is really helping. This thing just keeps going. It s worst at night and in the morning but my bronchial is very tight all day and I continue to caugh up stuff during the day. I also have terrible night sweats . I ve had mild night sweats for years but these are really severe since the cold. I m also dizzy alot and am short breath when I go up stairs and such. I now wheeze alot and my coughs sound like a chain saw. Seem to also have a mild fever at night. Wonder what to do about this?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013