Coughing, blood in ears, neck pain. History of asthma. Can coughing cause ear injury?

I have asthma and had a coughing bout which lasted a good hour. I m coughing because I cannot stand the cigarette smoke/odor coming in thru my air-conditioning vents, but this is another issue with the landlords. However, shortly thereafter I used my nedi-pot and took a shower. Upon cleaning my ears, I had blood in my right ear showing at then end of the Q-tips. My right ear is hurting pretty bad now. Also, my neck on the right side where my cervical spine incision is hurting and pain radiating upward towards ear. I m not so sure how serious to take this. And could my coughing caused some injury to the ear and/or incision?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012