Coughing, bad sinus, post nasal drip. Is tonsil removal a cosmetic procedure?

I m a female, almost 17 years old, I have really bad sinuses and post nasal drip and I have been getting alot of tonsil stones for the past month and it s really gross and my breath smells bad, not to mention I constantly am coughing because I feel phlegm in my throat, I was wondering, my mom is trying to get some sort of health insurance for me and do you think they will recommend me to get my tonsils out or will I say I want them out and it will be counted as a cosmetic and ill have to pay for it, I ve also had strep throat and tonsillitis alot,
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012