Coughing and rolling eyes

my 2 year old son has a tickly cough and when having a coughing fit his eyes are rolling to the back of his head this doesnt happen each time he coughs just when he has a bad coughing moment i am just giving him calcough tickly at the moment do I need to take him to the doctors

Asked On : Sat, 13 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Severe whopping cough can cause eye symptoms such as pain.. Though not sure of rolling of eyes..If there is no episodes of unconsciousness or convulsions, you may continue to treat the cough symptoms..  Consider taking him to a doctor if the severity of the cough increases or if there is loss of consicousness...