am Dr Sriram nathan and I shall try to help you with your problem
In all probably you might have an infection or reflux in your throat and this would have caused your symptoms.
The Phlegm and white foam can be either due to an infection or a reflux in which case it can be blood stained also.
None of these are to be worried. You can easily treat them and you can get back to normal in a week or so!
In any case you must do these:
1. Take warm water with a little salt and gargle
2. If you have pain then you must start a course of oral antibiotic like the amox-clav along with pain killers like the paracetamol
. Your doctor will know about this.
3. I would also start an anti reflux medication
like the pantoprazole
for a week or two
4. Avoid anything spicy and oily for the next one week or two
5. take voice rest for your throat and do not take anything cold
. Also do not have anything very hard.
6. You may also take an antihistamine medication like levocetrizine for a couple of weeks or so in consultation with your doctor.
7. Search the net for ANTI REFLUX MEASURES and follow them strictly
You should feel better in a week or two.
If not then you must consult an ENT surgeon to evaluate your tonsil
and throat. Also take a throat swab and upper GI endoscopy
and get back to me or any ENT with the report.
hope this helps
Dr Sriram Nathan