Coughed hard. Felt tear in the bottom of ribs. Having difficulty in breathing when sneezing/coughing. Reason?

recently I was driinking water and felt like when I swallowed the water went down the wrong pipe which made me cough . Well I coughed real hard and felt a slight tear under the bottom of my left ribs. This happened about 2 weeks ago so I cut out all my physical activity and began to use Ice on my ribs/just below them and heat and took ibprofen for the pain. Since then I have notice that sometimes if I sneeze or cough it becomes difficult to breath/catch my breath. I am wondering if I might have punctured a lung or something when I hurt myself
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013