Cough with wheezing, struggling to breathe. What to do ?

Hi. I have had a cough since Thursday and has got worse over the days. Today I found it every difficult to breathe spans I was wheezing I when to the emergency doctor in the morning he said it was just a virus. But I am really struggling now to breathe. My wheezing comes and go so some times doctors cannot pick it . Although I am finding it very diffultute to breather my oxygen levels are normal. I don t no what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
You have developed hyperreactive airways after a viral infection which is known to occur and that`s why you are having breathing difficulty. You may nebulize yourself with asthalin and budecort. Take Montair LC and doxyphyllin 400- 1 tablet twice a day. With this you will be alright in due course of time. Drink plenty of water and take rest.