Cough with running nose. Why mild fever? On crocin. Why is this happening?

My baby is 16 months old and for the last 3-4 days she is coughing a lot with running nose . Today she got a mild fever since morning. We were giving Relent syrup 5 ml twice in a day for the last 4 days . For the fever today we gave Crocin 120mg/5ml two doses one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Want to confirm if anything needs to be changed, as the cough is not going and that only may have resulted in the fever. today Fever is not continuous and it is coming and going.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012