Cough with loss of voice. Could this be psychological?

Hi, I came back from my holiday 2 weeks ago to this cold weather. I was ok for the first week but now I am coughing and what is worse - I lost my voice. I think this is the first time in my life or at least first time in my adult life (I m 31yo). I am just wondering if this could have any psychological connection with my inability to decide what to do next in my life? I am quite concerned about that at the moment... Thanks for your opinion! Suzana
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that due to acute upper respiratory tract infection you might got swelling or oedema on your vocal cord resulting loss of voice.
Consult ENT specialist and get examined with indirect laryngoscopy.
Give complete rest to vocal cord.
Avoid fried, junk food and cold drinks.
Do listerine gargles.
Go for Vicks vapor inhalation.
Ok and bye.