Cough, rumbling in chest while coughing, numbness in throat. Causes and cure?

hi i have had a really chesty cough that i am getting rumbling in my chest when im coughin, i originally thought it was b/coz i had givern up smoking and thats y never went to docs b4 now, im not coughin anything up and no1 im quitting with has it! i have had it for over a week now and just about to have my bathroom ripped out and all this coughin is makin my throut numb. dont suppose u r able to tell me what this mite be plz.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013