Cough, pale yellow phlegm, smoker, emphysema, pneumonia, bronchitis, back and ribs sore

constant cough for nearly 2 months - wakes me up during sleep - pale yellow phlegm with little brown specks in it - I am a smoker - It s probably the beginning stages of emphyzema but I m wondering if it could be something in addition to this. I have a doctor appt next week as I am very concerned and obviously want to and NEED to quit smoking . I ve had pneumonia many times and bronchitis , but this cough is persistent, in fact, my back, ribs are sore and I have a stiff neck.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012