Cough, pain in the rib cage and headache. Life threatening?

Coughing, pain of the left side under rib cage.

Hey well I have an issue I have been sick for the past three days with a uncontrollable cough, headache, coughing up of mucus. It's beginning to get better but I still have a cough and every time I cough I get a slight annoyance of a pain under my rib cage located directly on the left side. I just want to know what your views on this could be and is it life threatening? Please help me! Thank you

Kevin C
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I would recommend that you go to a doctor or hospital and get a chest x ray done, that way it will help narrow down the cause of your cough significantly. While the chances of being life threatening are relatively small, unless you recently had some kind of accident or have been a heavy smoker for a while now.
So all in all, get an x ray done, from there can figure out the next step.
hope this helped.
Get well.