Cough, pain in the joints after flu. Having anxiety, nausea, drowsiness and dry mouth after taking benylin. Not able to sleep

Hi. I have had flu for the past 4days and today i finally had enough energy to go to the chemist and get some benylin for my irratating cough as it hurts that i have coughed so much. I had 2 doses so far, a 20ml dose as stated on the bottle at 8.30 pm and another dose at 12.30am. I feel really tired but cant get to sleep. My joints ache a dull ache and i feel like i want to go for a run despite bot being able to breathe properly after walking up the stairs due to my flu. My mind has gone into overdrive andi camt stop thinking/planning everything and am rearranging everything in my mind even though i know its daft and unnecessary. I keep walking up and downstairs and have just sat down to read the leaflet in the benylin pack and noticed it says that unlikely side affects include irritability , anxiety , excitability, nausea , drowsiness, stimulation, dry mouth and insomnia! I thought these side affects are meant to be rare occurances? Should i stop taking it? But it seems to be doing wonders for my aches a d coughing fits? I am 20 female by the way and it is the benylin4flu that i have taken. I dont know what else to do as i Desperate to get to sleep and have a busy day ahead of me. Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012