Cough on lying on the back. Pain from hip to the knee and heel. Is it a nerve related problem?

When I am lying on my back, and I cough , I have that penetrates from my outer left hip/backside location and the pain shoots down behind my left knee and continues to my left foot heal. It feels like a nerve related issue. I think something is pinched in the hip causing it. Standing I don t seem to be affected. Your thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
it sounds like sciatica which is nerve root compression in your spine caused by a disc bulge. this can be associated with numbness and weakness in your leg. most 1st time disc prolapsed improve spontaneously over a 6-8 week period. symptoms can be helps with analgesics, antiinflammatory medication and neuromodulating drugs like pregabalin or gabapentin. I would encourage you to see you dr. diagnosis can be made on an MRI of your spine.