Cough, dry heaving, ear irritation, cold, tickling sensation in throat. Treatment options?

I can t stop coughing, I cough so hard that my face feels very strained and I dry heave - it feels like I should be vomiting , I had some cold symptoms but mostly just ear irritation. I saw an Otolaryngologist who ordered a cat scan last this week to look at my sinuses because of the ear irritation that seems unprovoked. Sometimes my throat tickles and I try to cough but all I can do is make a noise, I can t actually cough.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012