Cough, disturbed breathing, light bleeding in phlegm, discomfort. Suggestions?

my hubby was have cough last friday till sunday and even with the cough phelm and antibiotics prescribed, the phelm was disturbing his breathing . Admitted to hospital at 4.30am on Monday. phelms had light bloody pink colour. Hospital gave antibiotics and was ok in the afternoon. however, at about 4.30 am on Tuesday morning, he was very discomfort as could breathe properly due to the phelms. What to do please advise
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using health care magic. I read your query and I believe that your husband needs to get the Culture and sensitivity of the phelm. and C.T Scan of paranasal sinuses. recurrent infection could be due to descending infection from sinuses.but i would still suggest you to consult the E.N.T specialist.
If still in doubt, please feel free to see a doctor. Please don’t hesitate to consult and ask for any more queries.
With best wishes for a speedy cure
Dr Ajay Lavania