Cough, cold, given ventolin inhaler. Wheezy bronchitis or bronchiolitis?

My son (21months) has had alot of coughs and colds for the past year. It seems to take him a long time to get over them. My doctor Thinks he may have wheezy bronchitis/ bronchiolitis (not sure which one! (I can t hear him wheeze )) and has given him a ventolin inhaler to try but I m not sure it works that well. The asthma nurse said she thought he should try a steroid inhaler. When he coughs it sometimes sounds like barking and sometimes it s productive. He isn t coughing as much now so should I try it anyway? Or wait until he develops another cold? Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012