Cough, chest congestion, yellow mucus from throat, clear mucus in saliva. Cure for condition?

Hi Sir / Madam every time i talk for a maximum of 20-30 minutes i have this urge to cough up my mucus from my lungs. when i do clear my throat huge amouts of clear mucus come out. sometimes i cannot control it that when i talk you can hear the mucus in my voice and i have to cough forcefully. Every morning when i wake up i have to cough up huge, lumpy mucus and it is slightly yellow. the white mucus when i did spit it into a hankie it is stick white. can you please help me with my condition
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that your symptoms are related to allergic rhinosinusitis. This is inflammation of the nasal passages and sinuses.

They most commonly occur together.

This would cause increased mucus production, nasal congestion, post nasal dripping (contributing to the mucus in your throat when you are talking).

Treatment would involve : (1)Avoiding the particular allergen , if it is known

(2)the use of topical nasal sprays such as nasonex, rhinocort, flonase, nasocort, avayms. You may need a prescription for these sprays

(3)oral antihistamines

I hope this helps