Cough, bronchitis after angioplasty. Prescribed with Cardace. Possibility of medicinal side-effect?

Hi doctor. My father aged 72 now, underwent angioplasty in June 2011. The doctors put two stents for removing blockage. After that he has developed a problem of little cough and bronchitis which he did not have before the angioplasty. He does not have any other problem related to blood pressure and diabetes . What may be the solution ? According to the doctors , it is due to the side effect of one drug cardace which is for maintaining the blood pressure .
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012