Cough at night, chocking. Tried breathing treatments, water, humidifier, but no improvement. Is it bronchitis?

My toddler has a bit of a cough, so does the rest of the family. It started for all of us when we started useing the heater again. But my toddler has a bad spell now, when he coughs at night, or sleeping times. he creaths just fine, but when he coughs, exhaling out the cough, he seems to be choking. i am wondering if he might have something stuck in his throght or windpipe maybe. I have looked up todders coughs online, and it is not the same as whooping cough , closer to bronchitis . At the same time not that at all. he still eats, plays and breaths fine, and it wernt for the cough, you wouldn t even know he was sick at all. I have tried a humidifier around the clock, breathing treatments, lots of water, but nothing seems to change it. he also shows no sigh of croup ...what do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012