Cough and shivery feeling, alergic to sulphur, breathing problem

My mother is 76yrs old she is very energetic and spritely she is only 5ft. She drives to church functions and bakes and walks 3kms 3 times a week. Then 4 weeks ago she did have a cough and felt shivery - her doctor gave he cough mixture but she is alergic to any sulphur and after taking some of the mixture she started to feel out of breath . The chemist checked and it did not contain sulphur but did have codiene. She does have the abnormal rhythm of her heart and is on medication for that which has never been a problem for her. She has not been exercising or going out for the last 4 weeks as she just has not been feeling well and has shortness of breath on and off. She does not have the shivers anymore it is only the lack of energy and shortness of breath. She has had blood tests and and ecg which have not shown up anything. I would be grateful if you could give me some idea of what this problem may be leading to. Her doctor said the next step is to send her to a specialist. Look forward to your feed back
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012