Cough after recovering from sore throat, voice loss. Is Solupred advisable for cough ?

Hello Dr Mintz. I had a sore throat and lost my voice last week, now my voice is okay (ish) but I have a cough that keeps me awake at night. The cough is mostly dry. My partner suggests that I take Solupred prednisolone but I fear this is perhaps not the right treatment. The last time I was unwell was 2005, it s rare for me, and I do not like to take medication without good cause. I don t want to see my Doctor just for a cough as in 2005 they gave me nothing and told me just to rest. Is Solupred suitable medication for coughs and colds? Many thanks. Kindest regards AAAA
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012