Costochondritis, heavy burping, audible and painful bone cracking on back and neck, no relief with Ibuprofen, want to try cortisone injections. Advisable?

Hello! Last 2010, i was diagnosed with Costochondritis and my doctor told me it will just go away on its own in a short period of time. But I m still suffering from it until now and i think it is even getting worst because i always burp a lot and i can hear my bones cracking specially on my back and neck area and it is still painful. The doctor gave me Ibuprofen for my meds but it is still not working. Is it okay if i get cortisone injections? i was able to read on the net that if meds doesn t work, i can resort to cortisones. Is it safe? what are it s side effects? I am still 33 years old and i am quite afraid of medicine side effects, as much as possible i want safer treatments. Hope you could help me. Thanks a lot.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012