Corners of mouth and lips constantly feeling dry. Irritation, burning sensation after brushing, using mouth wash and smoking. Side of tongue red, rough and bumps raised. Any infection?

For a few days now my tongue and mouth have been acting up. It began feeling like the corners of my mouth were constantly dry (specifically between the upper lip and the canine teeth ), in essence constant cotton mouth and my tongue has felt rough. I have since been drinking water constantly and have noticed that is a short term relief. When i use mouth wash and brush it definitely irritates the areas and has a burning sensation. I have noticed the side of my tongue seem to be red and rough with the bumps raised. i have also noticed my lips have been constantly dry. I do smoke and also notice this has irritated the area so have curtailed the cigarettes. Is this simply an irritation from smoking and a deficiency in my diet or a significant infection and sign of something worse?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012