Corn cap in foot. Painful after stopping medicine. Difficulty walking. What am I to do?

I have a problem of corn cap on my right foot middle. I found this on last month and consult to the doctor. He saw and fully dressed and gave me a medicine for pain and infection. It is decreased with medicine using. Then when I was not used the medicines corp was very painful and creating a problem for walking. So please suggest me what I am do?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Corn develops at pressure points.
You can get improvement by shifting the pressure to some other point. This can be done by getting the shoes modified or changing your walking or sitting style.
Sometimes it develops due to ill-fitting footwear. So keep it in mind.
You may get relief by wearing soft and padded footwear.
Your doctor can remove the corn layer by layer by using a surgical blade. So explore this option by discussing with him/her.
Dr. Ajit Singh Kulhari
MD - Skin & VD
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
Hi, it seems like you had developed corn that got secondarily infected. The treatment is to treat the infection first with antibiotics and analgesics and once the infection subsides, to get the corn pared, enucleated or excised. Corn develops at the area of friction, do not wear ill fitted obstructive foot wear. Consult your dermatologist to get it removed. Take care