Copper IUD. Bleeding excessively. Tissue discharge during period. Polyp on cervix. Serious?

Hi. I have a question about my copper iud . I have been bleeding a lot during period and severe cramping also there has been tissue or something like that during this period,its not clots but stringy like. I have my iud 10 years and I just found out it is not where it is supposed to be(displaced) I haven t been able to feel strings so I knew something was going on. I have an ultrasound schedule for tues. I also have a polyp on my cervix the doc seen during pelvic exam. I have a lot of other symptoms to long to list but could you tell me if this is a serious problem?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012