Contraction like cramps in pregnancy. Have grade 3 placenta. Baby having minimal growth. Need to go to emergency?

I am 34wks2days pregnant and have been have contraction-like symptoms since about 9pm this evening (it is now 1:40 am). It has felt like extreme gas pain accompanied by the inability to catch my breath, walk and even sit in an upright position. I have a grade 3 placenta and my doctor is keeping a close watch on the baby because he is showing minimal growth or IGR. Should I go on to the ER just to be checked? I have also experienced some diarrhea with this as well.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012