Contraction in knees in cold weather. Red spots on knees. What should I do?

Hello, I have problems with my knees. From times to times,(i have noticed that it is happening more often when it is colder outside) i feel inside contraction/clench in my knees which is lasting 2-5 min, and i also have round red spots on the edges of my knees. The symptoms are more intense on my right knee and i have a felling that i can move it with, let s say 90% of it s potential. I have the same feeling after I got out of the shower. Please let me know if it is something serious. What should I do? I am 25, female. Maya
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012

I have studied your case.

As per your age and history there is possibility of soft tissue injury in knee.
Most commonly meniscus injury occurs may be associated collateral ligament injury.
If pain persists then you may need to do MRI knee to see for any functional defect.

As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve range of motion.
Rest and ice fomentation along with supportive brace will help to reduce swelling and pain.

Small meniscus tear can be managed conservatively with physiotherapy with USG and TENS.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.