Contracted impatigo, staph infection, small red bump, sore on forearm. Taking bactrum. Treatment?

My son was on a blow up water slide with another child 3 days ago and we just found out that child may have impatigo or staff or MRSA . My son woke up this morning and has 1 small bump with a quarter sized red ring around it and another sore on his forearm that is painful to the touch. I took him to his pediatrician this morning and she is treating it with Bactrum and told me to keep it covered and clean. I have noticed that since this morning both have gotten noticeably worse. Is this ok or should I be concerned? Also, should I sanitize my home?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012