Continuously oozing scab on the side of nose, taken antibacterial products, biopsy and skin grafting advised. Is it required?

My husband had a small scab on the side of his nose that he kept scratching off, over time it has become a small crater that weeps and never heals. We ve tried antibacterial products, honey , comfrey, steriod creme. He s seen a Dr. who just wanted to refer him to a Cancer Specialist to cut the crater out for a biopsy and then use skin grafting . I feel this is extreme. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012