Continuous swelling on both feet, subsides with exercise, diagnosed with idiopathic capillary leak syndrome and recommended compression stocking. Is the diagnosis correct?

A few of months ago i got swelling on my both feet, which lasted a few days. however only one continued to swell, it is now going on four months. I went to the doctor, who tested for liver , nothing showed wrong, he said it was varicose veins , but this was denied by two others, I have no veins showing at all. I then went on a detox programme (almost 4 months), it helped with exercise but the swelling is still there everday though not as bad. i realise if i do not exercise it swells. i did a deep vein trombosis test but proper flow of blood etc shows very normal. I went to a vascular surgeon last week who did no test but just looked at the DVT report and my foot. he said i have IDIOPATHIC CAPILLARY LEAK SYNDROME. He recommended compression stocking, that s it. I did some research and realise this is a very rare lethal condition. I have some questions I hope you can help me with: 1. How can I be sure that the diagnosis is correct, what tests are done to determine that? 2. Where can I go to get this done, I live in Trinidad and Tobago and there is nothing of the sort? 3. What cure is there? 4. What treatment is there? 5. Where can I get same? I have looked up that Bilberry fruit or extract helps to repair capillaries, I bought and started it yesterday. I am also taking aeorobic oxygen and probiotic from the detox programme to kill bacteria so that my body can get a chance to heal itself. What can you advise? CherryAnn
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012