Continuous stabbing pains in the ear that lasts for few seconds. Temporary relief with Tylenol. Suggestive treatment?

Since last night I have suddenly developed a shooting ( stabbing ) pain over my left ear. It lasts for a few seconds then comes back. It abates when I take two Tylenols - I have taken 6 Tylenols today. Once the medication wears off, the pain returns. I can t sleep because I feel the stabbing any way I turn. Should I go to the emergency room or see my doctor in the morning? I am female - 59 years old. I also have RA
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012