Continuous spotting, taking birth control pills. Had skipped a period by taking it continuously, also had missed taking it on scheduled time. Would that cause prolonged spotting?

i have been taking birth control pills for a yr now and i chose to skip a period so i kept taking my birth control instead of the in between pill now i have been spotting for 2 weeks is that bad? i did travel where the time changed i was an hour behind my regular schedule on taking the pill would that have any affect on me spotting this long also?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012