Continuous sharp pain in the temples with dizziness, nausea that repeats after every few seconds. What could be the cause?

Hi, I am 54, female,good health. For 2-3 months experiencing brief sharp pains in R temple-last week & continuing, drastic increase in frequency, intensity of pain, accompanied w/ dizziness , nausea . Breif 5-10 seconds then quickly dissapears. Any thoughts? Have seen G.P. Brain MRI scheduled, referral to neurologist pending. This is so intense, it wakes me from a sound sleep, causes me to pull over while driving, etc... then quickly recover and feel fine.....PLEASE give me some idea of what this could be. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012