Continuous periods, spotting between previous and present cycle, prescribed tranostat. History of fibroid operation. Cause?

Hi! I am 32 years old from New Delhi INDIA ..and having my periods since past 11 days. There was also some staining in between my previous and the current cycle. Last time I had my periods on 9-12-2012 This month on 9-01-2013 and is continuing till date. 2 years back I was operated for a fibroid which was 12x 11 cms in size (fibroid uterus with haemoperitoneum) After the operation my periods were regular but heavy with clots. Currently my concern is that I am continuously having my periods since past 11 days . The doctor has prescribed tranostat MF( tranexamic acid 500mg and mefenamic acid 250 mg ) Wanted to know whether the above medicine has any side affects and also what could be the cause of such periods. I also got a ultrasound done yesterday which states the uterus measures 97x58mm, sub serosal fibroid 5mm noted in anterior wall. It would be really nice of you if u could advice regarding the course of treatment to be followed. Thanks Regards
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013