Continuous periods, periods starting after stopping medication. Why is this happening?

I m 19 yrs old. Roundly about 50 52 kgs, and 5 3 inches long. Before 3 months i delivered a baby girl, i got 2 to 3 stitches. I started having intercourse with my husband after 1.5 months from my delivery. As i was confortable for doing so. The problem i m facing is that my periods are still going on, in this 3 months my periods were only stopped for hardly 23 to 25 days. So i visited my doctor where i got delivery. Before 15 days, he prescribed me few medicines to take for 5 days, it will stop my periods and will again come to my normal menstrual cycle. It stop for 7 to 8 days and again it started yesterday 6.6.2012, when i had an intercourse with my husband. I m not getting whats the problem, is this happening because i indulged in physical relation from the 1.5 months?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Sometimes, after a delivery, the body needs to make some adjustments to return to the normal hormonal pattern as before, especially if you are lactating. In such a scenario, many experience this sort of continuous prolonged bleeding episodes. Progestogens given for one or two courses should usually suffice to put the system back on track. You should also check for the possibility of another pregnancy as you are sexually active. Sexual intercourse per se does not usually cause such a problem unless there is some associated cause. Please see your consultant for further help. Wish you good health.