Continuous pain, inflammation in tragus, no piercing , not used any topical cream, no relief with NSAIDS, antihistamines

I have been experiencing pain and inflammation in my tragus for about four days now. The pain is similar to that of when a pimple is trying to erupt from the skin. Most of the pain and sensitivity is on the superficial, medial surface of the tragus itself, although there is very little redness. There is no surrounding pain or inflammation. There s no discharge from my ear, and I do not have a history of ear infections besides the few I experienced as a small child (I m 22 now). I do not have my tragus pierced, nor did I ever, and I haven t put anything on the affected area (no topical creames, lotions, oils , etc.). I do not have a fever and am not experiencing any dizziness, delayed reaction, or headaches. NSAIDS (I tried ibuprofen and aspirin ) don t seem to do much, even in higher doses, and neither do antihistamines (I used Benadryl ).
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012