Continuous pain behind the scar causing discomfort after appendectomy. What is the cause?

hi,what it is is my partner had his appendix surgically removed a few months back,he had the operation same night he was took in,he was then let out day after but had severe pain so had to be admitted again for couple ov days.anyways hes all of a sudden started getting a pain behind the scar which is getting more uncomfortable and this has been for past few days now.could you give me a answer of what it could be please?much appreciated.thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Dear friend, does he have ongoing fever, nausea/ vomitting?
or just pain?
difficult to say from this breif description,
pain could be due to ongoing inflammation beneath, or scar pain.
better you consult the operating surgeon in person, as distant advice is not possible
thanks for being at HCM.
good luck