Continuous pain and numbness on the hand, had experienced the same in the past post a fall. Treatment options and recovery time?

about 5-6yrs ago i fell down some steps and experienced sharp pain to DR.prescribed a muscle relaxant and the pain went away.but a few years later i developed pain and numbness to the last 2 digits on rt. hand .I cannot sleep on my rt.side because the pain wakes me up as i imagine i m putting pressure and cutting off the circulation to my surgery my only option and if so what is a ballpark time i would be layed up?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012