Continuous oozing from an abrasion on the lower palm, used antibiotic cream, sprays. Treatment required?

I recently tripped and fell during a run, scraping up the lower palm of my hand . The abrasion is about 1.5 -2 square. I tried to clean it fairly well once I could. I ve been using antibiotic cream and covering it with bandages, and after about 24 hours I cleaned it some more, applied antibiotic spray and new bandages, but it continues to ooze, so I m changing bandages every 2-4 hours (12 layer gauze ). Is it at the point I should go see a doctor to have it properly cleaned/cared for? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Welcome to HCM,
As there is oozing it is likely that wound became infected.
Go for oral antibiotic medicine for 3-4 days.
Do regular dressing.
Ok and bye.