Continuous numbness in the big toe, had been on the feet for long hours with shoes. Is it normal?

the tip of my left big toe has been numb for 2 weeks now.. im beginning to speculate as to weather or not i may have some nerve damage, as a result of my recent 12hr work days being on my feet all day with sub par shoes that are no more supportive than a dusty old sock.. ive been doing a bit of looking around and it seems to be quite common actually, most suggest consultation of a physician as to i may be something more serious such as diabetes .. although perhaps nothing more than an ingrown toe ... so i jus thought id get the opinion of someone more suited to these sorta questions.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012