Continuous numbness and pain in hands, episode of numbness in lips with numb hands, clenched and deformed hands post a drink. What could be the cause and treatment?

I have had numbness and pain in my hands for about 2 months now.. I went out with my sis n law last night and had a little too much to drink. I have had a hangover headache all day which is too be expected. What happened to me next scared me. My lower lip went numb and felt huge and then my arms and hands went completely numb and I could not move them. It was very scary they where all clench and deformed and it was scaring me to look at cuz I could not do anything about it. My boyfriend tried feeding me some water and it stared to get better. What do you think happened. We were both scared and he was going to bring me to the hospital. My hand do not feel much better they are shaken and very tender right now. Please advise
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Madam,

It will be very difficult to say anything but there is a possibility of developing carpopedal spasm.

Dr. Shruti