Continuous mid-cycle cramping, spotting, on birth control. Had similar episode in earlier cycle. Cause?

I ve been on the birth control pill for years, if I miss one dose, I ve caught up appropriately; i am monogamous, and so is my partner, we otherwise use no protection. I began cramping and spotting for the past two weeks, but my period is due next week, 6days from now. This happened to a milder extent last month as well, so I don t think I could be pregnant! I am 27 yes old; why is this happening?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012