Continuous knee pain after a fall causing disturbed sleep, diagnosed with aligned knee cap. No relief with pain killers. How can I get rid of this?

I fell in Mach and in may i seen a knee doc. and he said i might need surgey due to my knee cap ant in line but he dont do surey, I take hydros 500mg tramidal100mg and ibprofine800mg for the pain but not all at once. It isnt helping at all and i have been to the ER due to the pain and they dont give me anything for the pain. I can t sleep cuz of the pain. It s like no one believes me that i am in pain cuz when i am, i try not to cry so lol to hind my crying. I live in Sioux City iowa I just want a good night sleep and to be in less pain. How ????
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012