Continuous insomnia followed by an episode of seizure, diagnosed to be onset of depression, do not have any symptoms. Opinion?

Hi Doctor, I was suffering from insomnia starting November last year. I overlooked this symptom and continued to be regular on my daily schedule, including my workout sessions during the evening. One fine evening i had a seizure(which i guess came from deprived sleep combined with my workout). I then consulted a psychiatrist and he prescribed antidepressants to get my sleeplessness addressed. he says it is the onset of depression . I do not believe so as i do not have any other symptoms of depressions.. YOur thooughts on this would be appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012