Continuous increase in weight. Taking low carb and low fat diet, regular exercise. No thyroid, no diabetes, no obesity. Cause and cure?

Hello, I have put on 12lbs in weight in four months. I currently weight 10st 8 my normal weight being between 8st 12 and 9 st 2. I am a 47 year old female not yet menopausal. Over the last 4 weeks I have put myself on a low carb, low fat diet and have exercised for about two hours a day. My weight has still gone up! My doctors have excluded thyroid and diabetes but do not take my concerns seriously as I am not yet clinically obese . On occasion I have high prolactin but otherwise I am healthy. I have had four periods of unexplained weight gain in the past 20 years and each time it has been resistent to execise and diet but aftern about a year has gradually come down of its own accord. I am at a loss to know how to fix this problem and what could be causing it. Suggestions welcome. Thanks. AAAAAAA
Asked On : Wed, 8 Feb 2012