Continuous hives on the body, aggravate after workout, eases with prednisone. History of gout. Suggestion?

can high uric acid cause hives? I have had gout in the past, but after ingesting some strawberries and chocolate about 3 months ago, I have been plagued with hives almost every day. I was wondering if there is some correlation between a rich diet , gout and hives. I am 53 years old, very, very active, I spin twice a week, walk and work out. But I notice that I have a greater amount of hives after working out. I have been tested for allergies, but nothing shows in the tests that are at a level that I have hives each day. I have been on prednisone and antibotics, but once I discontinue the prednisone, the hives come back. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012