Continuous hip pain, normal X-ray and blood work, temporary relief with physical therapy, medicines. Is MRI advisable?

My 27 year old daughter has been experiencing severe right hip pain for almost 3 months. She has been to 2 orthopedic specialists in the last few weeks. X-ray and blood work appear to be normal. 5-6 weeks of both physical therapy and chiropractic care have given her no relief. She was put on a 5 day regiman of steroid therapy which helped somewhat but pain resumed right after her last dose. She is scheduled to see orthopedic specialist again tomorrow and has appointment to see a hip specialist in 3 weeks. She has NOT had an MRI to rule out something more serious such as avascular necrosis . Should we be insisting on an MRI prior to seeing a hip specialist in 3 weeks? Work time and finances are being stretched to the limit, not to mention the severe daily pain. She can t afford to waste any more time without having a MRI before her Aug. 21st appointment with hip specialist. Is this a sound request to ask the doctor tomorrow? Help!!
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012