Continuous heavy bleeding with clots, had taken Primolut course earlier. Cause and remedy?

Hello i am a 26 years old young lady who was seeing my menstrual for months i went to my doctor and she gave me primolut to stop it which it did stop it. i normally see my period for three (3) days and now i am seeing it and its like it don t want to stop and its coming real heavy now its five (5) days and i am still seeing it heavy with clot. my question is: is it a side effect to be seeing it longer than the normal and will it stop?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012