Continuous heavy bleeding after a gap of years. Pelvic sonogram shows thickened endometrium, canal polyp. Possible cause?

Hello. It has been two years since my last period and just recently I had heavy bleeding for 14 days.My pelvic sonogram showed thickening of the endometrium up to 2.0cm with a vascular pedicle suggesting a possible endometrial canal polyp . 3.5 simple appearing right adnexal cyst. No adnexal masses or free fluid is identified.Gynecological consult with hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy has been done and am awaiting results. Can this be caused by the polyp?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012